Composer - How to use it
Composer is an app that creates original music and songs algorithmically, with melody and rhythm, using the adjustments made by the user.
You don't need to be a musician to create your own music with Composer. All the magic takes place on 2 screens:
- - The Main Screen, which deals with general song aspects as tempo, rhythm and drum kit, instrument and overall tune, among others.
- The Settings Screen, that allows you to model the melodic character of the composition through several simple and intuitive controls.
With the app downloaded and displayed, click the Presets button and try the 21 configurations that Composer brings you. You can use them as a starting point for your own compositions and will give you a quick idea of Composer's possibilities.
A preset stores a particular Composer settings, designed to achieve a particular musical style. You can also create your own presets. Experiment with them.
On the main screen of Composer you can:
- - Select an instrument
- - Adjust the tempo
- - Modify the melody's overall tune
- - Choose a drum kit, a rhythm and a variation
- - Adjust or mute the melody and rhythm volume
- - Play, stop and pause the song
- - Navigate to the Settings screen
- - Choose a preset or delete it
- - Save your composition in Midi File or Preset format
- - Share your compositions via Email, WhatApp, SMS, etc
* Midi File is a light and standard format, reproducible on any tablet or phone and easy to share in your social networks
When the app starts, Composer generates a melody adjusted to the default values. Experiment with their controls.
If you decide to compose a new melody, push Settings button, change the parameters as you like and push the Create button. You will come back to the Main screen with your new melody created.
On the Composer app Settings screen you can model your melody, using this controls:
- - Base note of the composition
- - Range of notes used
- - Melodic complexity
- - Density or predominant length of notes
- - Movement changes of the melody
- - Duration of the composition
- - Style used (24 different modes)
Clicking the name of each control, a pop-up window appears explaining its function.
The button Create composes a new melody and take you to the main screen. Entering the Settings screen forces the creation of a new composition.
If you want to keep a carbon copy of the melody with which you were working, save it first in Midi File format from the main screen.
If what you want is to keep your current configuration, save it in Preset format